Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 2013 PopSugar Must Have Box Review


This is my first review of a subscription box and I am super, super excited!! I was a Beauty Fix subscriber for YEARS, back before it was cool! ;), but discontinued it after boxes became repetitive. I mean, seriously, there are still face lotions piled in drawers and under the sink.... aint nobody got time fo dat. I've recently been reintroduced to the now MASSIVE world of subscription services and am anxious to share some of my thoughts and discoveries!!


The April Must Have box from PopSugar arrived and looked like this upon first open:





A little skimpy from what I've heard?? Idk... my first one!  I've had it for a couple of weeks so I am able to review the products after spending a little time with them. Let's see what goodies were included.










The thing I grabbed first and my favorite item in the box, this bracelet was super adorbs and is EXACTLY like something I would have picked up and bought on my own. Loved it at first sight. I put it on immediately and have worn it most of the last couple weeks. Unfortunately, it laid a little wonky from the start and the "kinks" in the beads seem to only be getting worse. :'( Sad. I will still wear it but the thoughts I had about buying multiples and gifting them are gone because of the wonkiness (word? LOL) and the fact that the bright turquoise has definitely faded pretty quickly. And sorry for my apparent liver spots? I got a free spray tan over the weekend and I apparently got what I paid for! haha!


2.  Alter Eco Dark Quinoa Chocolate Bar: $3.99




The tracking on this box was insane and included a lost address label and coming to Kentucky then leaving then coming back again. I was a little unsure about the state of a chocolate bar after SO much time in the mail. I ate it anyways.... duh. But it was definitely not my thing. This company appears to be all about snacks with a healthy angle. This bar definitely tasted REALLY healthy, which is definitely not what I'm looking for when I want a treat. I'd rather have something that tastes decadent but is healthy in disguise! ;)


3. Green Garmento PopSugar 4-in-one bag: $9.99




This is a special PopSugar edition of a bag that is supposed to function as a hamper, duffle bag, hanging/drycleaner bag, etc.... Interesting idea. Two weeks later, it's still on the floor of my closet (see the carpet in the photo). Maybe it will make the trip to Santa Barbara next month! ;)


4. Kai Fragrance Oil: $48




Little bitty bottle, 1/8 fl oz, but MAN is the stuff strong. It is very, VERY floral, as in it smells to me EXACTLY like strong, potent fresh lilies. This is definitely WAY more floral than I would normally buy. I'm a girl who loves fragrance, though, so I'm giving it a shot. I've picked it up multiple times in passing off my vanity and put a little on and plan to throw it in a clutch for upcoming Derby events! Perfect size to pack and go!


5. Tatcha Evening Papers: $15




The website references secrets of Japan's geishas... which is a good way to lure me in! ;) I've never used blotting papers but I'm planning to give these a try. Cute little package that will be perfect to stick in a small bag for a summer night out. Says they remove moisture without messing up makeup and, from what I've seen online, people had received these in boxes before and were very happy to get them again!


By my research, total box value is $106.98, not a bad deal for $35! I'm signed up for the May box and the Summer Box that is also supposed to come in May and I can't wait to see what surprises they bring!!


If you'd like to sign up for PopSugar, here's my Referral Link! And be sure to use code REFER5 to get $5 off your first box! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment