Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Jin Soon Graphic Triangles - Nails of the Week!

Time again for nails of the week! Yahoo!! It's been so fun to *make* myself take the time each week to do something nice for myself and polish my nails! We have soooo much polish around here, it's really only logical to be making the most of it! ;)

Last week I made at first attempt at celeb manicurist Jin Soon's New Moon manicure. It turned out okay, good enough that I felt brave enough to try again! Haha! This week I am attempting another of Jin Soon's designs, Graphic Triangles! This design was featured in the same InStyle article that originally introduced me to New Moon. 




I noticed on Jin Soon's website today that her estheticians are available for private, in-home appointments by request. Ok, New York. I see you! Swanky! 


I recreated the Graphic Triangles manicure with polishes I already had around the house but, if you want to be legit, you can pick up the Jin Soon polish line at Sephora! Here are the polishes I used:

Sally Hansen complete manicure in Back to the Fuschia

Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Brisk Blue

Deborah Lippmann in Ray of Light


The steps were pretty easy!

1. Paint entire nail with coral or pink. Wait a couple of minutes for polish to set.

2. Take lighter blue and make a diagonal sweep from about halfway down one side up to opposite tip. Wait a minute for polish to set.

3. Take darker blue and repeat from opposite side/diagonal. 

4. Wait about 5 minutes and apply top coat. I love Out the Door instant dry top coat but I couldn't find mine today! :(

5. That's it! Let top coat dry and enjoy!




Turned out pretty cute really! I've already gotten so many compliments on it! I plan on trying New Moon in different color combinations and I think I will do the same with Graphic Triangles! 

What do you think?? Try it yourself and post a pic on my Facebook page to show me your handiwork!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment