Tuesday, September 3, 2013

GlossyBox Special Edition Martha Stewart Box Review

I've never tried GlossyBox before but I couldn't resist when the Martha Stewart box was announced! This box was to include items picked by Martha and a one year subscription to Martha Stewart Living for a one time charge of $15 (only $12.25 after buying through eBates* and getting $2.75 cash back). The regular subscription price for the magazine is $24/year so this already seemed worth a shot!



Here's first looks:






And the breakdown:

Olay Complete Moisturizer, $10

Olay 4-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths, $7

Pantene Heat Potion Serum, $7

Travel pouch, $4


The reason it has taken me a while to do this review.... completely underwhelmed. Yeah, with the magazine subscription, the value was $52 and good for $12.25. But the products are just so basic and uninspired and are things that can be picked up anywhere. I was hoping for something unique, you know?? I find it hard to believe that Martha uses ANY of this stuff! LOL!

And the magazine subscription situation was weird. There was a subscription card that required you to either pay now or check a box to be billed. I wrote a note on it about GlossyBox and mailed it in. I'm going to be ticked if I get a bill! I'll update this post when something happens one way or the other! 


* Everyone uses eBates, right??? All you do is click through their links when you shop online and you get part of your money back. They mail out checks every 3 months as long as you have a minimum amount in your account - $5 I think? OMG... I've used their completely FREE service for over a decade and and my current cash back total is OVER $3,600!!! Please use my referral links if you sign up! Thank you!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment