Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Birchbox Man #ManoftheYear December 2013 Box Review


Birchbox Man is a men's subscription service that costs $20/month. Each month includes men's grooming items and a fun lifestyle item. A year subscription is $195, which is a savings of $45. This has been such a fun subscription! It would be an awesome Christmas gift for that hard to buy for man in your life!! 

The December box is themed #ManoftheYear and is supposed to focus on chart-toppers of a personal nature from 2013. It is supposed to "raise a glass to our own best moments, looks and deeds - and the ones still to come." Sounds good to me! Cheers! ;)

Here's first looks:






And the breakdown:


Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave Cream,  $10.20 - I was totally surprised at the price of this little 3.4 ounce bottle! Idk why, just wasn't expecting it to price out at more than $10! Hope the stuff is fab!

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion, $9.75 - This stuff is pricey, too, at $78 for full-size. This is borderline metro for my hubs, but the reviews online for it are awesome and he does use something scrubby every once in a while!

LA Fresh Travel Lite Shoe Shine Wipes,  $1.70 - I always like getting wipes of any kind in boxes! I have some boots that are going to be so excited to have these! Haha!

American Crew Alternator Styler, $1.40 - Hubs loved American Crew stuff at one point. Don't know that he's ever tried this stuff, which is fun! This is a great size little travel hairspray!

Grey Area Fake Roley, $40 - This was the lifestyle item for my box and... meh. It's supposed to be a cheeky statement piece but it falls totally flat for me. It looks cheap and not really even ironic. It comes in other colors, which might be better, but the black one has all kinds of lint and fuzz and stuff on it, even after just being in the box. Fail.

Supersmile Ultimate Lip Treatment, $6.40 - Another item that was pricey, this little tube is tiny! The full-size costs $24. The girls and I have all tried it and, even though the vanilla/almondy kind of scent is nice, it hasn't seemed revolutionary yet!


I came up with a total value of about $70 for this box, which as usual is much higher than the cost. You get $1 in Birchbox points for each item you review so, after the reviews, the box actually only cost me about $6.40 (I purchased a year subscription with a special deal a few months back). This wasn't my favorite box from Birchbox Man but I overall love this subscription and can't wait to see what they send next!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment