Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tyler Shields Suspense Collection



Ok, I am borderline obsessed with this collection. I've had recurring nightmares for almost a decade that involve seeing my kids fall from a major height and being unable to help or save them. In so many ways, these images capture that moment before the splat that I have been horrified of forever. That being said, I CAN'T QUIT LOOKING AT THEM. They are fascinating. This one features Emma Roberts (who we know is okay and didn't really splat! ;). The ballon one below features Shields' longterm girlfriend Francesca Eastwood (yep, daughter of bad ass Clint). The third one is a self portrait. The hubs and I purchased the two below to add to our collection and I am so excited about them.

A lot of people think "art" is some untouchable, weird thing that the average person can't understand or connect with. I have always thought that photography is a medium that everyone can appreciate. We all take pictures, and it's interesting to see the world through someone else's lens. Find an artist you love, support creativity! If it's an American artist like Tyler Shields, even better! :)

Here are the two we bought:






Suspense Collection info on the Tyler Shields website

No comments:

Post a Comment