Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Social Linkup - Halloween Edition!



Time again to linkup for some fun Sunday Social questions! I've always LOVED Halloween and can't wait to see everyone's spooky answers today! :D

1. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?

OMG, well, I was a "kid" 0-10 from 1976-1986. The thing to do at this time was wear store bought costumes, which were almost always made of this horrible plastic sheeting stuff and usually came with a cheapy mask. Totally stiff, totally started to crack and break as soon as you started wearing it, totally awesome and loved them every time. I was all kinds of girly things like Smurfette and Strawberry Shortcake!






2. If you could go back to your childhood and dress up as something, what would it be?

Looking at vintage costumes, I wish I had a pic of tiny little me in a full punk rock queen Jem costume! Does anybody remember her??? LOL




3. What was your favorite Halloween costume as an adult?

Oh, hubs and I love to dress up! I've got one of my favorites on my blog home page - Frankenstein and bride from a few years ago! I also love our pics from a non-Halloween dress up for a KISS concert! 





4. What is your favorite Halloween candy?

Eh, I'm not much on candy at this point. For a long time, though, I looked forward to fall because it was the only time I could find Caramel Apple Pops and I bought bags and bags of them!! 




5. What is your favorite Halloween memory?

For years and years my dad hosted a big free Halloween haunted house and hot dog roast at his grocery store in Arkansas. The neighborhood was kind of rough and it provided a safe and fun Halloween activity for hundreds and hundreds of kids who would otherwise have been out getting in trouble. It was such a huge production and one of the many things that instilled a deep need in me to give back! Now my husband and I host an annual Halloween party for charity, kind of continuing the tradition! 

6. What is your favorite scary movie?

I'm kind of a wimp and I pretty much hate to be scared (and my imagination is crazy enough on its own).... I've never watched most of the classics (Friday the 13ths, Halloweens, Blair Witch, Paranormals, etc etc etc). I did thoroughly enjoy the Scream movies (which affects the way I hear "what's your favorite scary movie?" in my head) and I got a few fun screams out of Joy Ride! 





Hope everyone has some super fun Halloween plans this week!! Can't wait to see all of your answers - and especially your favorite costumes as an adult!! :D

6 comments:

  1. OMG - you brought up Gem! I totally remember Gem, and I loved her! I also totally forgot about those caramel apple pops! Great post (wow, could I sound any ditzier? haha)

    Leanne
    stylishlydeployed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh, I think focusing too long on the 80s can bring out the ditzy in even the smartest of us! Hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Oh I remember Jem! Loved her!!

    Stopping by from Sunday Social. Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - and for knowing who Jem was! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Those are great couples costumes! And omg caramel apple pops! I almost forgot about those but I used to love them! I'll have to see if I can find them now!

    - Lauren @ anothermomanotherblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, we have SO many couples we'd like to dress up as! We need two or three Halloweens a year! LOL!

      Delete