Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bauble Bar August Mystery Makeover Box Review

I've gotten a few things from Bauble Bar that I have really, really enjoyed. I have loved all of my little slide stackable bracelets* and even bought a bunch for Christmas gifts this year! I have also really, REALLY gotten into the crazy rose gold pimp chain** from the July PopSugar box! LOL!

Each month Bauble Bar offers a Mystery Makeover box. You get a choice of color on one item and then a box is put together for you with two additional pieces of jewelry and a surprise item. The August box cost $44 and the choice item was the Bijou Gem Strand. This thing is chunky and sparkly and I liked it enough to try out the box! 


Here's first looks:







And the breakdown:


Bijou Gem Strand, $38

Buckle Bangle, $28

Can't find these online, guessing $26

Branded notebook, makeover exclusive, guessing $5

I've already rocked the necklace on a recent night out! 


Sorry for wrinkled mess, this was the END of the night out! LOL! 


I came up with a total value of $97 for my box. I love, love, love the necklace. I'm not crazy about the bracelet and the earrings aren't something I would normally have picked out, but I'm going to give them a shot! I was kind of disappointed in the messed up printing on the notebook but I was happy to have it. I'm in the middle of crazy party planning for our October charity event and this is now my official planning notebook! 

Would I do the makeover box again? Probably, if I like the spoiler item as much as I did this month! It's always fun to try something new!! :) 


* I received bracelets in my June Ipsy bag and in my May Blush Beauty bag. I've worn them like crazy all summer, including to dinner at Varanese!

** Oh, I've gotten a couple of fun wears out of this already! Dinner at The Chocolate Bar and partying at Bruno Mars!  

~ Post contains referral links, so use them chica! Thank you! :)






2 comments: