Thursday, July 25, 2013

Jin Soon New Moon Manicure - Nails of the Week!



For this week's nails, I made a first attempt at recreating a trademark design from celeb manicurist Jin Soon! This is her "New Moon" manicure, seen on Fall 2013 runways like Prabal Gurung and all over in print. I used colors that I already had that were close to those in the InStyle article below, but you can purchase her actual nail colors at Sephora (the New Moon mani - above- in shades of blue is the cover photo on her brand page).


Easy mani ideas from a master!

Basically, here are the instructions:

1. Pick two polishes in the same color family.

2. Paint nails with the lighter color. Allow a few minutes to dry.

3. Sweep the darker color diagonally from each side, leaving the triangular exposed area at the base of nail. Polish the tips in darker, top color.

4. Apply top coat and enjoy!! 


Not bad for first try!

My supplies: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear for base, Skylark polish in Jelly Shot, OPI polish (had it forever, color label is gone, sorry!), Out the Door quick dry top coat. 


I think this idea is just super cute and it was actually pretty darn easy. I love the more elongated lines of the blue mani and the idea of using all different color combinations! I'll be experimenting with this much, much more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment