Saturday, May 11, 2013

Toad the Wet Sprocket in Columbus, OH 5/10/13

So, Toad has been my musician husband's #1 favorite band FOREVER. They are his #1 musical influence and the group that he used to teach him self guitar many (many! haha) moons ago. Recently he's had the opportunity to work with Dean, the bass player, on a couple of projects and last year he bought an amp from Glen, the lead singer, so there have been a lot of "Toad" moments around here lately...

The hubs has met the band and seen the band several times but last night was an exciting first - first Toad show where he was on the guest list. Nice! I was so, so, so excited to be there to see this huge moment for him. It was such a special night! So here are some deets....

First, what to wear? Always my first thought in literally any scenario! LOL! Here's my Toad selection:


Favorite True Religion jean jacket, cheapy Union Jack flag button from London, crochet dress from (yikes! haha) Jennifer Lopez collection at Kohls (past season, similar one here), neon crossbody from Marc Jacobs, favorite old beat to death Frye boots and fleur de lis tiny charm necklace. I've had this necklace forever, too, and can't even remember where I bought it. It's had me thinking lately about how much I LOVE a dainty chain and single charm. I'm working on a post about that! :)

The traffic between Louisville and Columbus via Cincinnati on a Friday afternoon is INSANE, and it was raining, which meant we had no time to go to the hotel first. I got to change clothes and put on eyeliner in the backseat, which was exciting and something I wasn't sure I could still do - I can! LOL! We arrived just in time and were happy to be there! Yay date night!


The show was awesome!


Afterwards we got a chance to hang out with the guys!





Such a great night with a million special moments, capped off for me by the origami flowers waiting in our room at the Hilton Downtown Columbus. :) The hubs is the love of my life and my best friend! I absolutely adored having the chance to share such a meaningful night with him! Life is short! Please always do everything you can to help the special people in your life's dreams come true!!



4 comments:

  1. Awwww! I love you like crazy for being so supportive of me! It was such a magical night for me. All my favorite moments in life co-star you! I'm excited about your new charity and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know... I could not think of two better people to model our marriage from! I am so glad that the two of you have entered our lives!! Espec you Ryan! To have such a POSITIVE person around is priceless now a days with all the NEGATIVE in the world!! Thank you for being you girlie!!! No offense B I love ya too, I just love Ryan a little more :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet. Thanks so much. We truly are best friends and just want everyone to be happy! I LOVE seeing your happiness right now!!

      Delete