Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sample Society by Allure and Beauty Bar December 2013 Box Review

I was excited to be contacted by Sample Society to try their December box for free! The Sample Society program is affiliated with Allure and BeautyBar.com and sends out a monthly box of 5 deluxe sized samples from prestige and indie brands. Each box costs $15 and you get a $15 code to redeem on a $50 purchase that includes one of the sampled brands. 

The December box is themed "Hair for the Party" and is supposed to help you "stand out from the crowd with the season's biggest statement piece: lush, totally covetable locks." Also included are products to take care of the rest of you and "keep you in the spotlight all night long." Sounds great to me! ;)


Here's first looks:




Packed up so pretty! <3



And the breakdown:


Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, $8.65 - This is a nice, large sized sample. I love being able to really get a feel for a product!

Jane Iredale Lash Conditioner, $5 (?) - That's a guess on the price, based on how much I think is in this tube! This is an interesting concept. You apply this to your lashes before mascara to strengthen and lengthen them. I'm all over this!
 

Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night Intensive Moisturizer, $10 - I was surprised that this little tube priced out as high as it did. I have used and loved Philosophy products for years and am excited to try this one!

Alterna Caviar Dry Shampoo, $1 - I've sampled this dry shampoo before and it's not for me. It's going into a giveaway I'm planning for this month! :)

IPKN Moist & Firm BB SPF 45, $5.20 - Does anybody else have a problem with the word "moist"?? OMG, I can't handle it. I am excited that this cream has SPF 45 in it but it's going to need to be pretty darn fabulous to get me past the name! LOL! 

I came up with a total value of about $30 for this box. And that's not including the $15 credit to apply towards a $50 purchase! Pretty good deal! I enjoyed this box and am definitely interested to see what they have planned for 2014!

If you would like to try Sample Society, you can enter my referral code STLX5687 to save 20%! 

4 comments:

  1. for reals, that's awesome! i didn't know they sent review boxes!

    moisty moist mostly MOIST

    mine was a better box IMO but i got the stila glaze and was totally lucky. made up for the double sample/november trainwreck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of stila glaze, so that wasn't a huge miss for me!

      And - no mas on the moist. SO GROSS!! LOL!

      Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! :D

      Delete