Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bulu Box July Review

So, me and Bulu Box... it's just definitely not my thing. I signed up for a cheapy 3 month subscription, and hubs has enjoyed trying some new things, but I won't be renewing. I definitely prefer KlutchClub!

That being said, here's a quick summary of the July box. They also offer a "weight loss" box. Boxes are $10/month or less with longer subscription. 

This month's box was curated by Emily Reynolds, a "professional bikini athlete." Um, WHAT? That's a JOB? hahahahaha



Here's first looks:








And the breakdown:



PowerBar performance blends, $1.50 each

Vivarin, $.50


Zellies mints, sample

Ripped Cream, $1 - hubs was excited about protein powder for coffee creamer! LOL

Acid Supplement, sample


There were also a couple of coupons and an offer for Daily Burn, an online workout site. You don't need any special code or anything to take advantage of the included offer, though. Go to dailyburn.com/bulu and you can sign up for a 30 day free trial of their online workouts and it says you get a $20 credit in their store for nutritional supplements (I can't find the store without being signed up?).

So the contents were worth about $5, half of what I paid for it. Doesn't make me happy. Especially since the high value item (from Daily Burn) was a code I could have easily found online as a non-subscriber. 

So, what do you think of Bulu? I know much of the value is in the points you get for reviewing products, but I find the whole thing kind of annoying and am done with it for now! On to the next subscription box adventure! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment