Monday, October 28, 2013

Birchbox "Beauty Buzz" October 2013 Review + Coupon


So excited for my first Birchbox box! And excited to share this awesome coupon stacking deal with you! I hope it still works!! 

Birchbox is a women's subscription service that costs $10/month but I have the details on an INCREDIBLE deal. I purchased a year subscription for $110, which is  a savings of $10, and with that you get 110 points worth $11, making boxes $8.25 each. 

If you use code GLAMLATINA15 I think you should be able to get 15% off $50 or more, making a year's subscription of boxes about $6.90 each. After reviewing products each month ($1 per product) each box would actually cost less than $2! I think if you add the one of the gifts in the "bonus shop" to your cart before you check out, that you get that, too, which would wind up making this a complete steal!! Hope the whole deal still works! Let me know if it does (or doesn't!).

October's Birchbox is all about buzzworthy products that have the Birchbox staff obsessed! Sounds good to me! 

Here's first looks:






And the breakdown:


Avene Soapless Facial Cleanser, $2.50 - This is made with calming French spring water! Fancy! It is going in my travel bag to make my next out of town stay a little more luxurious! ;)

DDF Wrinkle Resistent Pore Minimizing Serum, $25 - The full size of this is $85 and this .5 ounce sample is such a generous size! Definitely enough to get a real feel for an expensive product, which I love!! I just finished a Bliss serum a few days ago and have been trying to decide what to use next. This will be in the rotation soon!

the Balm Stainiac tint, $2.25 - I love Benetint and this looks similar! It's a cute little size that will be perfect for travel!

Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper, $3 - Over the years I have perfected curly hair. I want semi-defined curls and tons of body/volume. I am pretty picky about hair products but this is the second one of these I've received lately and now I'm curious! 

ChapStick Hydration Lock, $2 - this is a bonus item, a mass-market discovery that doesn't count towards one of your samples. It's officially dry lip season around my house and we are all about stashing lip balms everywhere!! Happy to have it and I'm sure I'll use the $1 coupon to buy another one! 


So I came up with a total value of $34+ for this box. With a year subscription I paid $8.25 for this box (I had already used the above deal to order the men's subscription and couldn't get it to work again) and, after reviews, it actually only cost me $3.25!!!! 

If you want to try Birchbox and have any questions at all about all of the crazy math in this post, please please please shoot me an email! I'd be so happy to explain it all to you. I really feel like this is the best deal going to try some awesome products for a ridiculously low price! And, if you use one of my referral links, thank you!! I really appreciate it!! :D


7 comments:

  1. Your Birchbox looks awesome!! I didn't get anything that you received in mine, but I did love all of my items though. I can't wait to buy full sized items in the Birchbox shop with my points!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was such a fun box and really an outstanding value! I also can't wait to spend my points! I'm going to have to decide what I want to save up for!! :)

      Delete
  2. I finally signed up for the year subscription with Birchbox. Too good a deal to pass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr??? I thought so, too! Hope you love it!! :)

      Delete
  3. My Birchbox was way different from yours! Looks like we both got great boxes, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughters have super curly hair. We have been using Lush R and B or silken child. When I got this sample in my birchbox, I used it on their hair. It worked pretty good.

    ReplyDelete