Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Louis Vuitton Love

Over the years I've dabbled in handbags from other designers, but none has captured my heart and held my attention like Louis Vuitton. I received this new piece of literature from them, entitled Histoire(s), a couple of weeks ago and have been captivated all over again by the creative and gorgeous photography it contains. That's part of my LV love, the fact that it symbolizes something BIGGER to me. I might just be carrying my bag to Kroger and to the sweaty cheerleading gym, but I COULD be carrying it ANYWHERE. It's fab enough to circle the globe and special enough to deserve to! ;)

Here are a few of the pages in Histoires that I love. There is a whole series of photographs where they show what would be hypothetically contained in a piece of LV luggage based on a specific time in history. There's another section that shows unique custom pieces like the trunk-into-cot/shower/desk. SO practical and handy, am I right?? Haha!














I've always had a weakness for the specialty collections that LV has done with guest designers or just the oddball pieces that have caught my attention. I unpacked some dinosaurs to show you a few of my favorites in my collection, or my "archives," as I refer to it when describing these purchases as investments that my girls will be thrilled to inherit someday! Haha!





Yayoi Kusama, circa 2012




Limited edition Marc Jacobs special line, circa ? Maybe like 2010?



Murakami Cerises Collection, circa 2005





Murakami Monogramouflage, circa 2008




Eclipse Speedy, circa 2009-2010



Stephen Sprouse Monogram Roses, circa 2009
(need this one back in my life, it's coming out today!)



Which do you like the best? There have been SOooo many awesome collaborations. Do you have a designer that you find yourself coming back to over and over again?? 

4 comments:

  1. Ralph Lauren is one of my favorites and has been for years! Do I own much in his line?? NO!! But I love the "look" of his clothes, his bedding, his dishes, everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So classic and all-American! AND he named his daughter Dylan! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love my LV. I always call it my investment also. Someday it will be vintage and worth a lot. I never got anything from the monogramouflage line but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately a lot of this stuff seems to decrease in value, which hubs and I have talked about so many times. Doesn't make sense? Vintage guitars go through the roof, art appreciates.... How is a great lv bag or a pair of Louboutins or whatever not considered art in the same sense?? People are nuts! ;)

      Delete