Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall 30x30 Challenge

Eek!! Time for a new challenge and this is definitely one that's going to push me out of my comfort zone!!




I'm excited to be participating in the 30x30 Challenge with Aubrey over at Dreaming About Someday and lots of other brave souls! LOL! This is a wardrobe exercise where you pick 30 pieces and remix them for 30 days. I am choosing to include only clothing items in my pieces - accessories, outwear, shoes and jewelry are anything goes!

One of the biggest things for me to consider when picking my pieces is specific activities scheduled throughout the month. I am a SAHM in Louisville, KY, and we are out and about all the time doing lots of things that require specific clothes. This month I have a kiddo competing at an all-star dance event (requires mom fan clothes) and the other kiddo has an all-star cheer competition (requires different mom fan clothes). We also have 5 or 6 University of Louisville football/basketball games, which require some combo of red, black and spirit wear. Plus, the weather here is already dreary, so I need lots of cozy things and layering options!

I'm more than a little bit of a clotheshorse (and shoe horse, and accessory horse... LOL). Here are a couple of quick snaps in my closet to show you how hard it is for me to edit! Haha







Now, on to my 30 pieces! 



1. Denim dress from September Golden Tote
2. Puella Striped Dress from October Golden Tote

3. J. Crew Broken-in Boyfriend chino
4. True Religion bleach splatter jeans
5. Seven Kaylie red pants

6. Juicy Couture jeggings
7. Abercrombie pink jeggings
8. Seven jeans in Rocker flare


9. Phillip Lim for Target blouse
10. Juicy Couture neon pink cashmere hoodie

11. Urban Outfitters cowboy tee
12. American Apparel teal v-neck tee
13. American Apparel Nirvana tee

14. Old Navy Teal Sweater - cheer mom clothes! ;)
15. Print sweater from September Golden Tote

16. Vegan leather top from Piperlime
17. Saint Grace v-neck tee from September Golden Tote

18. Live Love tee to support friend's African adoption
19. J. Crew dream sweater cardigan

20. Splendid 3/4 sleeve white tee
21. J. Crew sequin fox tee
22. Cross tee from Von Maur Louisville

23. Puella dress from October Golden Tote
24. Shirtdress from Target

25. Mossimo striped sweater coat
26. White frilly blouse (bought on Groupon)

27. Elephant sweatshirt from Gilt popup store
28. UL hoodie

29. Dance mom tee! ;)
30. Puella striped tee from October Golden Tote

When I first started pulling items, I thought, WOW, 30 is a LOT, this is going to be a piece of cake! When I hung them all in a cleared out specific bar in my closet? Um... not so much! They look sad and I'm more than a little scared about my limited options!! LOL!



I made an effort to include some things that still have tags on them. I'm thinking that becoming bored with my limited options will be a great motivator to wear something new! LOL! Here's to a great month of mixing it up!! :D



14 comments:

  1. Wow you had so much to choose from! I couldn't even come up with 30 pieces, but then again I'm a newbie so maybe I'm doing it all wrong :) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so impressed with your idea to leave a few spots open! I'm seriously doing that next time!! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love the shoe storage in your closet! And, I just love all of your pieces... so fun! Can't wait to do this challenge with everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the shoes. They go on and on and on.... Serious weakness, seriously why I couldn't include them in my 30!! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Ok 1- hello fellow JCrew lover!! 2- I have a denim shirt dress in my 30!! love all your picks!! excited to see how it all comes together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shredded jeans in your #6 pic! I have a pair a lot like those that I have to make myself leave alone every once in a while because I want to wear them every day!! LOL!

      Delete
  4. I love Marilyn's photobomb in pretty much every picture. And heeeyyyyy Louisville. I love it there! My cousin lives there and I can't wait to visit again. Looking forward to seeing your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was using a different door but thought that Marilyn might add a little somethin' somethin' to the pics! ;) Thanks for the Louisville love! It's such a fun town!! :)

      Delete
  5. I am wayyyy jealous of your closet. I just parted with over hald my wardrobe when we moved and I donated so much, I am missing a big selection!! =) I am using a similar striped dress this go around! Excited to see how you style everything!

    Kate @ Raising the Rogers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes think that it'd be so fun to pitch it all and start over but it's just not in my nature. I seriously wore a dress for Halloween this year that was mine in high school (20 Yeats ago and it was in my basement because it's unique.... LOL!)

      I love your idea of having a motivational piece in your lot. I'm definitely doing that next time, something fab that I get to wear if I meet some goal!! :)

      Delete
  6. So much cute stuff! I am seriously coveting your J Crew cardigan. It looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love their cashmere, too, but the dream fabrics are much less pricey and just as cozy!! :)

      Delete
  7. i love everything! i can't wait to see how you style them all. 30 seems small, but i can almost promise you will have unworn outfit options at the end of the 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha.... I hope you're right! I'm definitely a "more is more" person and I honestly found myself looking around my closet longingly at other things on DAY ONE! LOL!

      Delete