Saturday, June 29, 2013

Blush Beauty Mystery Box June Review

Uh... Ok.

I didn't say anything about the kind of rough condition of the items in my Blush Box last month, but since this month's looked even MORE beat up, I had to email the company and say something about it. It seriously looked like the box had been opened, handled and partially used before it got to me... 

This box ships from dermstore.com and costs $24.99/month when you sign up for a subscription or $35 for a one time purchase. 

Here's first looks:




And the breakdown:



Glytone spray sunscreen SPF 50 ($39) - Whoa. That's some expensive sunscreen! Looks like I'll be keeping this one for myself instead of coating it on the kiddos. I'm expecting miracles from this $40 spray can! No, for real, I'm expecting it to be the perfect anti-spray sunscreen (no stinging eyes, no impossible to scrub off in the shower, no yellowing if sprayed on white fabric....). We'll see! 

Supergoop CC cream ($2) - SOooo many BB and now CC creams floating around... I'll get around to trying this one eventually! 

Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 tinted treatment ($5) - This has a nice shimmer to it! And love that it has SPF built in! BUT.... my tube looked like somebody with greasy fingers had handled it to death, much of the shiny silver writing is completely worn/rubbed off the tube... GROSS.



Hydroxatone Microdermabrasion ($15) - I like a good exfoliator but remain a little freaked out by the "microdermabrasion" label. Gonna give it a go, though! This box was totally smashed to and beaten to death, but the jar and seal seem to be okay.

Delecor cleanser duo ($4) - Love this little packable size of these and the little bag they came in. Unfortunately, one bottle was significantly less full than the other, making me think it might have been used since there was no sign of leakage in the box.... Ugh. Again, GROSS.



Stila Lip Glaze ($13) - I've had these many times before. Great basic product to throw in purse or going out clutch! 

DHC Clarifying Power Cover Base ($19) - I've yet to find a primer that I really, really like. Hopefully this will be the one! Love that it's full-sized! This box was also open and smushed a bit in the packaging, but tube looks okay.

Innovative Skincare sample



So, this box cost $25 and had a value of close to $100, just shy of the $100+ promised by the service. The value was there and I liked that the box was curated by a specific dermatologist, giving it a logical, cohesive feel. I did not like the fact that four of my products looked slightly damaged or used.... Waiting to hear back from Blush. Hopefully there's some logical explanation!! I'll update when I have more info! 

*** The Blush subscription doesn't have a referral program, per se, but if you'd like to make a purchase from Dermstore, HairEnvy or Blush.com, let me know and I can e-mail you a $10 off of $30 coupon (which gives me a coupon, too! :)

** The company quickly sent me out a new box! They are keeping my business! 







1 comment:

  1. Looks like everything I would use and want and need!

    ReplyDelete