Friday, January 31, 2014

Birchbox January "Go Time" Box Review

So excited to see what Birchbox included in their January box! I love a new year and a new start! 

Birchbox is a subscription service that costs $10/month for the women's box or $20/month for the men's box (which includes a lifestyle item). Prices get lower with longer commitment and subscribers accumulate points to spend in the Birchbox shop by reviewing items ($1 per item).




January box us themed "Go Time" and is focused on providing inspiration for beauty trends and beyond.  I loved the little positivity messages from the Birchbox that were included! Let's get to the box! 


Here's first looks:








And the breakdown:

OmniPotent Duosity Hair Treatment, $1.70 - This treatment was fun to try. There are two separate elements that you squeeze together to activate the ingredients. It was a bit of a science experiment, watching it foam up really big! I'm not sure that it made any dramatic difference in my hair, but I would love to try a few more times just for fun value alone!

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, $9.50 - This is one of those products that has a bit of a cult following. I'm excited to try it!

Ahmad Tea Bags, $1 - Eh, it's tea. I don't drink it but the hubs will.

Midnight Monarch Glycerine Hand Therapy, $.50 - I've seen mixed reviews on this fragrance but it was fine for me. I like strong fragrance in my products! This was a fine, basic hand cream. 

INIKA Mineral Eye Shadow, $20 - Full size! Woot! Always happy to have organic products to use!

Fun inspirational cards to get started on 2014! :)


I came up with a total value of about $32 for this box. After doing the reviews ($1 credit in Birchbox store per item), the box only cost me $3.25 (I got an amazing deal on a year subscription a while back!). I continue to be happy with the box and am getting excited about my Birchbox points that are piling up!! What fun splurge should I use them on??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment