Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January Birchbox Man "Go Time" Box Review


Birchbox Man is a men's subscription service that costs $20/month. Each month includes men's grooming items and a fun lifestyle item. A year subscription is $195, which provides a savings of $45, if you decide to go that way! This has been such a fun subscription! It would be an awesome gift for that hard to buy for man in your life!! And a great way to up your/his style game for the new year! ;)

The January box is themed Go Time and is supposed to focus on simply putting one foot in front of the other for a fresh start in 2014. No vague resolutions or get-fit-quick schemes, just starting simple to set the tone for a healthy game plan that will actually last all year. Sounds good to me! 

Here's first looks:







And the breakdown:

Tommy John 360 Sport Trunk, $31 - These look great but sadly they sent us a Large this time? We've gotten Mediums in other styles, so not sure why the size change. Hopefully I can find someone to swap or these will find their way to eBay :( 

Reviver Dry Deodorant Wipes, $2.70 - These are a great idea! A wipe to run over your clothes to remove all smells. I'm kind of psycho about bad smells... I don't even like food cooked in the house for the most part. So these are great for me! LOL! And one of our favorite Louisville restaurants, Hammerheads, leaves you smelling like a smoked pig, so these would be prefect for after dinner there! ;)

Ernest Supplies Soap Free Gel Face Wash, $1.85 - How cute is this container? I love the camping vibe of it! Hubs has already been using it. It gets great reviews online!

English Laundry Notting Hill Cologne, $2 - Love the gold package! Hubs has so many fun new fragrances to try!

Proraso Shave Cream, $.70 - The little barber shop package of this one is cute! 


I came up with a total value of about $38 for this box, which as usual is higher than the cost. Not the highest value box we've received and a bit of a miss for us based solely on sizing of the lifestyle item.

You get $1 in Birchbox points for each item you review so, after the reviews, the box actually only cost me about $7.40 (I purchased a year subscription with a special deal a few months back). This wasn't my favorite box from Birchbox Man but I overall love this subscription and can't wait to see what they send next!! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get my brother into the idea of subscriptions boxes (especially Birchbox Man and Bespoke) but he just rolls his eyes at using so much product. XD The English Laundry cologne should be awesome because I heard a lot of good things about their signature fragrance that went out in last month's ipsy! (that was probably the first time that I wished I was an ipsy subscriber haha)

    Hope you get that sport trunk traded to a medium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!

      I know... my man is FAR from metro. The most feedback I usually get is an empty container or "it's good." LOL

      Delete